Tuesday, April 13, 2010

#BrooklynMuseum discovered from across the pond

The Brooklyn museum has been partnering with our Wiki world and, with the recent news of their contribution to Commons, I wanted to learn more about what this museum is about. Yesterday, I included a link to their object of the month. Today I had another look and found a video where the curator of the Egyptian department explains why he likes this object.

I looked at youtube for more material from the Brooklyn museum and I found this gem..



I love their attitude and their witty way of showing not only the value of art, but even more that the art at the museum is there for people to enjoy. I hope that the material that becomes available will find its place in Wikipedia articles and I hope that one day they will find me at their doorstep for a visit.
Thanks,
       GerardM

No comments: