Saturday, October 27, 2007

WCN

Today the Wikimedia Conferentie NL was held in Amsterdam. It was a great occasion. It was impossible to do justice to the program; they had three tracks and to chose one presentation over the other was an injustice to what was missed.

I had the privilege to give a presentation, and as I had to do some serious travelling to be there, I considered to what extend I could reduce what I took with me. I decided that with the latest Google application I did not need to bring anything. I could rely on there being a network, Kim brought his Merakis who are still on the old functional software and assuming one functional lap top should not be a problem either.

To prove that it was indeed the Google presentation tool. I selected one of the available backgrounds. It is different. What I need in a presentation is basic. I need to show some texts and some screen dumps. I think there is some need to polish the handling of the screen dumps.

One of the nice things is that the presentation can be made available. So have a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks,
GerardM

4 comments:

pfctdayelise said...

Google says: "We're sorry, but brianna.laugher@gmail.com does not have access to this document. "

I don't think it's possible to make things available to general public from Google Docs, is it?

Use slideshare.net :)

GerardM said...

Hoi,
I logged out and had a look. At the bottom of that page it says: "View published presentation in a new window" This does work for everyone. The thing is this page is NOT the page you should get when you go to a published to the public presentation. When you do not find it, it is done in a non-obvious way.

Thanks,
GerardM

pfctdayelise said...

It doesn't say that to me (logged in).

Maybe GDocs is buggy!

GerardM said...

When I check the publication within the application it says: This document is published on the web.
Your document can be viewed publicly at: http://docs.google.com/Presentation?id=dhj6g8br_60ggwrmz

It is then reasonable to expect it to be available on line.

Thanks,
Gerard